Sunday 26 February 2017

060510 e-Mail from the Road


On the road again
Dear All:
Well I've finally found a place where I can sit down and bang out a letter. It's just after 6:30 AM in Sicamous BC and the beginning of the 6th day of this cross-Canada trip that Doug Bird and I are taking together. It's been good weather and hard work so far. We're making 110 to 120Km/day which is pretty good for a couple of middle aged out-of-shape guys.
Night #4 we spent with some friends of Doug's on the other side of Salmon Arm. They treated us great with a barbeque dinner, campfire and coffee and pancakes for breakfast. We didn't get away from there place until after 1:00PM so yesterday was a short day and we only went about 60K and camped at a rest area overlooking Shushwap Lake. Now I know why people like to vacation in this area. It's so beautiful.
Well the nice man has just brought me breakfast so I've got to go and eat. Love to all.
Brent

Eleri: Thanks for all the Smilies. I haven't forgotten you. It just seems that way.
Lynda: It's good to be back in Canada. And now I'm going to see some of it.
Stephe & Yvonne: Thanks again for evening out.

No comments:

Post a Comment