Sunday 26 February 2017

Cycle Canada, Day 27, May 31/06


May 31/06, Wenesday                                              Day 27                      2555 Km's
Willard Lake Resort Motel                                                                            108 Km's                             ~ 5:45 Hrs
My right knee hurts like hell. I had the blue brace on it yesterday and the white today. Neither seemed to produce any worthwhile effect. In the afternoon I found that standing on the pedals helped a bit as my knee is almost locked by the time any pressure goes on it. Despite the problems with the joint itself I think that most of the pain comes from the tendon holding the knee cap in place. This is the first time I thought, "I might not make it."
Apart from my knee I feel great. My legs and butt are fine. There's a little numbness in both hands after yesterday's 100 mile ride but it's not bad and should fade over the next few days.
We have to be careful with our food now that we're in The Shield. Careful with our camping places too. This morning we awoke to find a fox eating our breakfast eggs. Ten in all. There was also a live-bear trap about 100 metres away, behind the wash house.
We stopped in Kenora for lunch. The length of the trip seems to have become a real thing for Doug now. He said, "I can't believe we're in Kenora, Ontario. We've riden our bikes from Vancouver to Kenora, Ontario." I know he was happy to be away from the Prairies.
We took the room at the motel since there was light rain in Kenora and it looked like more by the time we got here, though rain hasn't really come.
We had to fetch a TV from another room since ours wasn't working properly. We cooked supper on our propane stove in our "No Smoking" room.
Dog fights at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment