Sunday 26 February 2017

Cycle Canada, Day 63, July 6/06


July 6/06, Thursday                                                                     Day 63                         6335 Kms
Clansman Motel, North Sydney, N.S.                                                                                  63 Kms                      ~ 2:55 Hrs
Another short day of riding. Some of the speeds were quite good over rolling terrain.
I keep having these "Tour de l'Alberta" fantasies. I could burn it up this year. I think it's about 3 weeks after I get home. (I'll have to check the web.) Though it may be the day that I get home. It will be very strange not riding the bike for a few days. The 2 days off in Thunder Bay being my biggest break in over 2 months. Now I think of riding 60 K's as nothing. Planning to ride 140 K's is just something I do. It's not intimidating any more. Doug talks about maintaining this level of fitness for the rest of his life. I doubt that I'll do it. We're exercising 4 to 6 hours a day, some days quite hard. I don't have the time for it nor, I fear, the ambition. I'll likely go back to being a weekend rider, lucky to do 1000 Kms a year.
Our trip is basically over. Friday all we have to do is roll our bikes 2 or 3 Kms onto the ferry and Saturday roll them off again. Nikki will meet us with the truck for a ride to Holyrood. I guess the only thing to do after that might be to ride into St. John's, ~ 40 Kms, but I'll have to make the time for that if I really want to do it. I've got shopping and running around and packing and drinking and recovering to do. Also, if Doug is into it, I'd like to take a look at his welder and scope the barn for electrical requirements. Nikki wants to get off the grid but I don't think I'll be doing any work on this trip. Just a bit of planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment