Sunday 26 February 2017

Cycle Canada, Day 1 Friday, May 5/06


Friday, May 5/06
Leaving mileage ~ 1855Km
Rest stop ~ 15Km from Hope/Yale turn off. 110 Km ~ 6 Hrs.
It was a good ride today. We climbed a few hills (2) that seemed long going up but seemed longer going down. Very strange. On the 11% grade down from the hill-top fountain I hit 73 K/Hr. I swept around a couple of curves, dragging the brakes on the off-camber one and headed down the straight away to the flats. By the time I thought to look at my speedo it was at seventy three point something and dropping. No hassles from the trailer.
When I first loaded the trailer it seemed a bit tippy & twitchy but I've gotten mostly used to it already.
My ass hurts. It's been hurting pretty good for the last 30 K or so. I got a case of numb dong a little before reaching Deroche too. My legs are achy but we'll see how they feel tomorrow. I didn't expect to make the trip without a few aches but, this being the first day, I didn't want to over-stress myself. The only thing I'm sure will hurt tomorrow is my neck.
We did a little filming today. A few roadway shots, some departing shots, and a few shots while riding.
We had a great campsite this night. Someone had taken down most of the "No Camping" signs at the rest stop. The wash house had electric lights and hot water. It was a nice easing into the camping that was to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment