Sunday 26 February 2017

060712 e-Mail from the Road


Newfie Travels
Been there and done that. I'm not in Newfoundland anymore. I got to Vancouver last night after a brief stay in the St. John's area but I've not had a chance to write a bulk letter yet to let people know how things have turned out. I've had a few social obligations and I, somewhat foolishly, promised to write an article for The Independent, the paper that Doug does editorial cartoons for. I guess I just had so many people saying that they liked my writing that I let it go to my head. I spent most of this morning writing for people that I don't know instead of keeping my friends informed. I've never tried writing newspaper-style before and it feels a bit unnatural. Of course if they offer to pay me for more articles it could start to feel more natural.
I'll probably spend most of tomorrow entertaining my niece Lisa, much as I did today and then head home on Friday so the bulk mail won't be getting done until Sunday or so. Oop. There's Lisa now.
Talk to you later. Brent 
End of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment