Sunday 26 February 2017

Cycle Canada, Day 31, June 4/06


June 4/06, Sunday                                                   Day 31                       2870 Km's
Super 8 Motel, Thunder Bay, Ontario                                                         Rest Day
Got up to the hospital emergency unit. I was told by a couple of locals that no walk-in clinics would be open on Sunday, at the hospital they told me different. I was prepared to spend 3 hours but took a little less than two. The doctor was very interested in my mini-disc recorder and we chatted about it for a while. He checked my knee, confirmed some swelling and looseness, gave me a huge bottle of anti-inflammatories, told me to increase my cadence and change my seat height every day. "Good luck on the trip." So it looks good. The only thing he didn't say was how long I should rest.
Spent the rest of the day resting. Drank some beer (quite a lot really in two sessions), saw The Davinci Code, and ran errands that needed doing for a while. New bike tires, some food, HDV tapes (The Sony Store had 11 so we bought them all). We were so excited that we forgot mini-discs, propane, candy, etc.
We walked while doing our errands. Our bikes are up in our 2nd floor room, mine still wrapped in cardboard in case I have to put it on another bus. Walking sure feels funny. Kind of awkward...and the muscle movement is all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment